You know your a Coloradan when:


When driving in the winter: 98% OF AMERICANS SCREAM BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM COLORADO AND THEY SAY, ‘HOLD MY SODA AND WATCH THIS.

You’ll eat ice cream in the winter.
When the weather report says it’s going to be 65 degrees, you shave your legs and wear a skirt.
It snows 5 inches and you don’t expect school to be cancelled.

You’ll wear flip flops every day of the year, regardless of temperature.
You have no accent at all, but can hear other people’s. And then you make fun of them.
‘Humid’ is over 25%.

You say ‘the interstate’ and everybody knows which one.
You think that May is a totally normal month for a blizzard.
You buy your flowers to set out on Mother’s day, but try and hold off planting them until just before Father’s day.

You grew up planning your Halloween costumes around your coat.
You know what the Continental Divide is.
You don’t think Coors beer is that big a deal.

You’ve gone off-roading in a vehicle that was never intended for such activities.
You always know the elevation of where you are.
You wake up to a beautiful, 80 degree day and you wonder if it’s going to snow tomorrow.

And the ultimate true test: Your sense of direction is: Toward the mountains and Away from the mountains.

Happy Trails to you!

Leave a Reply